History of chalet
History of Serlich Mill
Originally was here Poslter’s Mill, gamekeeper’s house and several mountain cottages.
The Mill was rebuilt in 1902 by brothers Fukners to mountain Pub. Part of the Mill was used as sawmill famous of shingles production. The Mill including Pub and sawmill burned down several times. During 1929 – 1930 was the Mill and Pub rebuilt and open as Hotel Serlich Mill. At world war II the Serlich Mill was used as recreation center for prominent people from Wehrmacht. There is evidence that family of General von Paulus was several times accommodated here. In 1924-1925 was the sawmill used for preparation of wood for building famous Masaryk Chalet on the Serlich Mountain.
History of our Chalet – Gamekeeper’s house.
Our chalet was originally built as gamekeeper’s house and since ever belonged to aristocratic family Colloredo-Mansfeld. Originally family of Colloredo-Mansfeld come from Italy and first records are dated from 11th century. Colloredos came to Czech during Thirty years war (1618 – 1648) when stood on the side of Imperial army. One of the most famous person was Imperial Marshal Rudolf Colloredo (1585-1657) who successfully defended Prague against Swedish army and afterwards settled in Czech permanently. In 1635 acquired Brothers Jerome and Rudolf Colloredo famous Chateau Opocno (located 20km from our Chalet and highly recommended to visit)
Family Colloredo-Mansfeld lost all properties in 1942 based on judgment of imperial court, which found the whole family as enemy of Gemany. In 1945 was the whole Colloredo-Mansfeld family identified as enemy of Czechoslovakia and collaborators with Nazis Gemany and all properties were confiscated based on Benes decrees. Colloredo-Mansfelds emigrated to Austria in 1948 after communists revolution in Czechoslovakia. After 1989 were properties returned to family as restitution.